Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chardonnays


I have been remiss in blogging about some of the wines we have tasted. My apologies.


This summer, we have been drinking more chardonnays, mostly because it has been warm and we had the opportunity to taste a really wonderful Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay 2008. I have not purchased any more of that particular wine, but we have tasted other chardonnays that I have purchased from Costco at the price point that this blog tries to keep at. I am also going to be briefer in my descriptions of the wine and concentrate on whether or not I think it would be a wine I would buy again.


2008 Catena Alta Chardonnay Estates, from Argentina, 13% alcohol, $24.99 at Costco. My tasting partner and I both liked this chardonnay. It does have a hint of the buttery taste associated with chardonnays, but with some citrus notes that really smoothes it out. Lovely.
Catena Alta Chardonnay 2008 $24.99 93-4pts

We also tasted a 2010 Artesa Chardonnay, from Carneros, 14.3 % alcohol, $12.99 at Costco. At this price, it is not as balanced as the Catena Alta, but perfectly acceptable. It has more of a pear or apple taste to it, but was crisp and nice on a hot evening.
Artesa 2010 $12.99 90 pts


Finally, we tasted a 2008 Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay from Napa Valley, 14.9% alcohol, $26.99 at Costco. It had a butterscotch taste, some citrus notes, very smooth and refreshing. Another lovely wine.
Beringer 2008 $26.99 94 pts

Also, thanks to #2 son for helping me signed back on.






No comments:

Post a Comment